Chilli Chicken (Restaurant style)
Chilli Chicken Recipe is a mouth-watering Indo Chinese chicken recipe.Chilli chicken is served both as snack and main course.Mainly boneless chicken is used in this dish, however you can use boned chicken too. Want to make restaurant type Chinese recipes at home? Try out this easy recipe.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Boneless chicken- 500 gms
Yellow pepper ball- 1
Green pepper ball- 2
Red pepper ball-1
Soya sauce - 2 tsp
Chilli sauce - 2 tsp
Tomato sauce- 2 tsp
Vinegar – 2 tsp
Schezwan sauce- 2 packets
Maida- 2 tablespoon
Corn flour- 1 tablespoon
Garlic- 10 cloves (Finely chopped)
Green chillies- 7-8 (Remove seeds and slit them apart)
Water- Half cup
Handfull of spring onion
Salt to taste
Oil for frying
Preparation Time- 10 min
Cook time – 15-20 min
Total time- 25-30 min
1) Clean and cut the boneless chicken into bite sized pieces.
2) Wash Pepper Balls and chop onion and pepper balls into diced shape.
3) Wash mushroom in hot water and chop each into 2-4 pieces.
4) Finely chop garlic, remove seeds of green chillies and slit them apart.
5) Wash spring onion and chop them for garnishing.
1) Start by frying some chicken. Marinate boneless chicken with maida, corn flour, salt and little water and mix it well and set aside for 10-15 min.
2) Heat oil in a pan or kadai. Deep fry this boneless chicken in hot oil in batches. Drain the chicken on kitchen paper and set aside.
4) Heat oil in a pan add garlic (finely chopped), add onions saute for a minute. Then add all chopped veggies (Pepper balls, mushroom), Add fried bonless chicken.
5) Add all the sauces listed above (Chilly sauce, Soya sauce, tomato sauce, schezwan sauce), vinegar and saute it for a minute or two in high flame.
6) Add corn flour in water and make it a paste and mix it in the chilly chicken. Stirring well making sure to coat all the pieces with the sauce evenly. Garnish it with spring onion and serve hot with some noodles or fried rice.