Aloo Tikki is a North Indian snack made out of boiled potatoes, onion and various curry spices, coated with breadcrumps and it is shallow or deep fried to get crispy outer layer. It is a popular street food that can be made in variety of ways. I made this with the combination of soft bun this Sunday and everbody liked it very much. Learn how to make aloo tikki step by step.
Potatoes- 5 (small)
Onion- Half (Chopped)
Garlic – 4-5 cloves (Crushed)
Cheese- ½ cup grated
Red chilli powder- ½ tsp
Coriander powder- ½ tsp
Haldi powder- ½ tsp
Garam masala- ½ tsp
Salt to taste
Water as needed
Half bowl milk
Breadcrumbs- 1 cup
Oil for frying
Preparation time- 20 min
Cook time- 20 min
Total time- 40 min
1) Boil the potatoes in cooker with the pressure of 4-5 whistle.
2) Let it cool down. Now peel the skin of potatoes. Mash the potatoes.
3) Now add all the ingredients listed above (red chili powder, haldi, coriander powder, garam masala, chopped onion, crushed garlic, grated cheese, salt to taste).
4) Heat a pan, drizzle oil for shallow frying. Meanwhile make round shape like ball of mashed potatoes mixture and flatten them into round patties and keep it aside.
5) Take one round patties dip it in a bowl of milk, roll the patties in breadcrumbs and then in a pan. Cook them until they are evenly cooked on both sides till they turn golden brown and crisp. Finish the batter by repeating the process.
6) Remove it in a paper towel. Our cripsy aloo tikki is ready is ready to be served with chutney or sauce or with the combination of soft bun.
1) Coating with breadcrumbs gives a crispy outer layer and soft inside.
2) You can add boiled peas along with the potatoes.
3) You can also deep fry the tikkies.