Wednesday, 24 January 2018
Pav Bhaji is a fast food dish from Maharashtra, served with a soft bread roll. Mumbai pav bhaji is a rich, buttery and smooth bhaji made with potatoes , whereas we can also make this pav bhaji with pumpkin which we mostly get in Delhi. The vegetables that are usually added to pav bhaji are cauliflower, peas potatoes, capsicum and carrots. I started making pav bhaji at home when I was teen. Making pav bhaji at home is very easy. Pav bhaji is my son’s favourite dish. The bhaji taste best when we use the perfect pav bhaji masala. So use the perfcet pav bhaji masala. I have added more of carrots, so it was of mild sweeter taste. Lets start to prepare this delicious pav bhaji at home.
Onions-2 ½ (Finely chopped)
( ½ to sprinkle over bhaaji )
Tomatoes- 9-10 (Finely Chopped)
Ginger- a small part
Green chillies 4-5
Potatoes- 4-5 (Small) (Boiled and peeled)
Butter- 4-5 tablespoon
Haldi – 1 tsp
Red chilli powder- 1 tsp
Corriander powder- 1 tsp
Garam Masala- 1 tsp
Deggi Lal mirch- 2 tsp (For colour)
Pav bhaji masala – 2 tsp
Salt as required
Water as needed
Fresh corriander leaves
Cauliflower- 1 or 1.25 cup (Chopped head of cauliflower)
Peas- 1 cup
Carrot-1 cup (Peeled, rinsed and chopped)
Capsicum- 1 cup (Rinsed and chopped)
(You can add veggies of your choice)
Preparation time: 20 min
Cook time: 20 min
Total time: 40 min
1) Boil the potatoes with pressure of 6-7 whistle. Let the pressure release on its own. Peel it and mash it.
2) Take all the veggies listed above, wash them, peel and chop them into small pieces.
3) Boiil veggies in a cooker with 1 cup water with the pressure of 2 whistle. Let the pressure release on its own. Mash the veggies.
4) You can boil the potatoes and veggies together. However, for that you have to first peel and chop the potatoes cube size.
5) Make a paste of ginger, garlic and green chillies.
1) Heat the oil in a Kadai, add 2 tsp butter, finely chopped onion and saute until translucent.
2) Add finely chopped tomatoes. Cook until tomatoes become soft,add ginger garlic paste. Cook for atleast 3-4 min or until oil seperates.
3) Now add all the masalas (Haldi, red chilli, corriander, garam masala, deggi mirch, pav bhaji masala). Add boiled, peeled and mashed potatoes and veggies and cook for 2-3 min.
4) Mash it wih the masher if you have or blend it with the blender (Optional). Mash or blend the veggies according to the consistency you want. If the bhaji is dry you can add some water.
5) Garnish it with the fresh corriander leaves. Serve hot with buttered pav, top it with cubes of buter or can sprinkle onion and lemon juice directly on bhaji.
Frying pav for pav bhaji:
1) Heat a tawa or a pan in a medium to low flame, then add butter.
2) Place the pav on the butter, when the butter begins to melt.
3) Now turn the pav and toast them , you can add more butter if required.
Tuesday, 2 January 2018
Indian Recipes Formula: Cholia Roti (Meetha or Sweet Roti): Cholia Roti (Meetha or Sweet Roti) Cholia Roti is a sweet Garhwali recipe. Cholia Roti is a Meetha or sweet roti or parantha served ...
Cholia Roti (Meetha or Sweet Roti)
Cholia Roti is a sweet Garhwali recipe. Cholia Roti is a Meetha or sweet roti or parantha served with lots of ghee over it . It is not a stuffed Parantha or Roti. I usually prepare it on Sunday as a breakfast. It is crsipy when serve hot. It’s a very easy and quick to make recipe with less ingredients. Lets start to prepare Cholia Roti.
Wheat Flour (Atta)- 3 cups
Sugar- 1 ½ cup
Water- 1 cup or as required
Oil or ghee for frying
Preperation time- 5 min
Cook time- 15 min
Total Time- 20 -25 min
1} Mix all the ingredients listed above (Wheat flour, sugar and water)
3} Keep it aside for 5- 10 min.
4} Meanwhile turn on the heat, and heat the tawa or skillet. Put one ts oil or ghee on the tawa. Spread 1 ½ laddle of batter and spread it evenly.
5} Cook for 2-3 min on medium flame and turn it over once. Pour a tsp of oil or ghee. Spread it on roti and shallow fry over medium flame.
6} When brown patches appear on both sides, the Cholia Roti is ready to serve.
7} Repeat with the rest of the batter.
8} Serve hot with ghee.